Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Note From Elizabeth





From Elizabeth:

As I think of this upcoming medical mission trip to Haiti I hang on tight to these three verses from the Bible:

1. Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

2. Deuteronomy  31:8 "It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed ."

3. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18  "Rejoice  always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances;  for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

The thought of going on a medical mission  without  being a medical  professional is a tad intimidating and nerve-racking, but Zach reassures me that my organizing talents and french background will be very useful!  I know that God wouldn't send me there without a plan or equip me with what I need to get through it. I need to hold onto that and trust what is said in Deut.31:8, He will not leave me or forsake me!  I have never been to a developing country or witnessed that kind of poverty. I'm not sure what to expect and how it will effect me when I come home to my "comfy" life. All I know is I have a desire to bring hope and love that is in Jesus Christ to these people and that hope is free and doesn't require a medical degree to share it!  I pray that when an opportunity arises to share the gospel that I will not worry about messing up or failing God that I would just trust him to give me the right words and not let my self get in the way.  So if you feel led to pray for us I personally could use prayer that God would give me the wisdom I need to be helpful in Haiti, that our children and our parents who will be  taking care of them be ok in our absence, that God's love would be seen through us and the team going to Haiti.   







Sent from Samsung tablet.

1 comment:

  1. This brings my heart joy. :) Live you, friend. God is going to do amazing things through you. I'm glad He saw fit to allow me to witness all of it!

    ReplyDelete